Notification of the new AAOU website and Secretariat e-mail address
AAOU 2020 in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Korea National Open University to Host 2020 ICDE Leadership Summit
News Update from the Secretariat
Due to the outbreak of COVID-19, an action has been taken to meet this challenge. The Secretariat of AAOU at Universitas Terbuka will start working from home starting from 18 - 31 March 2020. Hence, there might be some delays in responding any enquiries delivered to the Secretariat of AAOU at Universitas Terbuka. Thank you and stay safe everyone!
Educating the World through Asia
Founded in 1987, the Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU) is a non-profit organization of higher learning institutions that are primarily concerned with open and distance education. It strives to widen the educational opportunities available to all people in Asia and to improve the quality of the institutions in terms of their educational management, teaching and research. It promotes education by distance teaching systems, as well as professional and ethical standards; develops potentialities of open and distance education; cooperates with official bodies and others directly or indirectly interested in education at a distance; and facilitates cooperation with other similar regional and international bodies.
The AAOU membership consists of Full and Associate members. Our members share a common belief that the development of distance education can be obtained through friendship and close exchanges among institutions of open higher learning.
The AAOU Annual Conference, hosted in turn by member institutions, is a stimulating forum for all those associated with open and distance learning in Asia, particularly academics, administrators and students. It provides a focal point for bringing everyone up to date on the issues, ideas and developments in the field of open distance learning.
AAOU 2020 in Colombo, Sri Lanka
AAOU Annual Conference (AAOU 2020) will be held at the Cinnamon Grand in Colombo, Sri Lanka on 21-23 October 2020.
“Opening minds for a sustainable future: Re-orienting ODL to surmount challenges”
- Promoting sustainable development through lifelong learning
- Increase access and flexibility, improve quality, enhance equity, reorient curricula, facilitate economic growth, social development and environmental protection
- Innovations in ODL through smart technologies
- e-learning, m- learning, u-learning, digital library, remote access to e-resources, learner- teacher interaction, integration of social media and on-line evaluation
- Open Knowledge Movement - implications for ODL
- Open Educational Resources (OER), Open Educational Practices (OEP), MOOCs, Open Data, Social Media and Learning Communities
- Learner engagement and motivation in ODL- challenges and possibilities
- Enhance retention, increase completion rates, facilitate collaborative learning, redefine role of face-to-face components, harness influence of significant others, reorient student support
- Best practices in ODL for ESD
- Quality assurance, student support services, ICT integration, policies and procedures, capacity and capability development, innovative learning design and creative teaching practices
- Learning analytics in ODL: potential and challenges
- As a tool for quality assurance, quality improvement, improving learner support and increasing retention rates; ethical issues in use of learning analytics
Asian MOOCs Portal
Asian MOOCs are open online courses offered by member institutions of the
Asian Association of Open Universities (AAOU). The Asian MOOCs website serves as a portal
for the Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) focusing on open enrollment, massive
registration, learner-centered,flexible, multilingual, multimedia support, multi-platforms,
open license, and quality assurance of online courses.
About the Secretariat
AAOU Secretariat, Universitas Terbuka
Jalan Cabe Raya, Pondok Cabe, Pamulang,
Tangerang Selatan 15437, Banten - Indonesia
Tel: +62 21 7401585