Every year, the AAOU may present a Meritorious Service Award (MSA) to an individual for his/her outstanding services and contributions to open and distance education. Individual academics or administrators may be nominated by AAOU member institutions. This prestigious award shall consist of a plaque and a citation. The Executive Committee of AAOU will have the honour of selecting the recipient of this award based on dedication, effort and contributions upon recommendations by the Adjudication Committee. Presentation of this award shall be made at the AAOU Annual Conference. The purpose of this Award is to provide tangible recognition for exceptional service or achievement of an individual. The Award comprises a citation and a plaque of appropriate size as symbols of acknowledgement that will be presented by the AAOU President to the recipient during the AAOU Annual Conference.
If you wish to submit a nomination, please note the following details:
- Individual academics or administrators may be nominated by AAOU member institutions or by senior faculty (not below the rank of Full Professor) working in AAOU member institutions.
- Nominees need not be restricted to persons presently working for or associated with the member institutions of AAOU.
- Nominations must be signed either by the Chief Executive of the nominating institution or by at least three Senior Academics of AAOU member institutions.
- More than one nomination can be made.
For each nomination, the following three documents must be submitted:
1. A signed nomination letter;
2. A statement of no more than 1,000 words giving the reasons for making the nomination; and
3. A copy of the nominee’s Curriculum Vitae.