The Biosciences faculty of Virtual University of Pakistan has actively participated to find out possible options to survive against pandemic as the current emergency that has arisen as a result of COVID-19 pandemic has actively engaged the scientists from all over the world to combat the novel coronavirus. Different research teams from Biosciences faculty have taken initiative and successfully conducted different epidemiological studies, finding possible treatment options, drug repurposing, and analyzing the behavior of occupational health services during COVID-19.
Recently published articles of VUP researchers on different aspects of Novel Coronavirus disease have been listed in the global literature on COVID-19 by World Health Organization (WHO). A research team comprising Dr. Tanveer Hussain, Mr. Ali Raza, Mr. Waqar Ahmed Afridi, Mr. Muhammad Sheroz, Mr. Jahanzaib Azhar, Ms. Samea Khan, Ms. Aiman Zahra, Ms. Khizra Maqsood, Ms. Aneela Kanwal, Ms. Nafeesa Safdar, Mr. Usman Shah Gillani and Mr. Mudarab Ali contributed in these articles along with collaborators from Pakistan and Iran. The selection of these articles on an international platform defines the quality of research work in Virtual University of Pakistan. The presentation of this work on the international platform is a motivation for them and other researchers of VUP to bring productive outcomes in future.
These articles are listed below:
- Hussain, Tanveer, Shah Gilani, Usman, Khan, Samea, Muhammad Muslim Raza, Syed. Assessment of General Awareness Among Pakistani Students Regarding COVID-19 Outbreak. Children and Youth Services Review (2020): 105830.
- Salman M, Asif N, Mustafa ZU, Khan TM, Shehzadi N, Tahir H, Raza MH, Khan MT, Hussain K, Khan YH, Butt MH. Psychological Impairment and Coping Strategies during the COVID-19 Pandemic among Students in Pakistan: A Cross-Sectional Analysis. Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness. 2020 Jan 1:1-22.
- Shehroz M, Zaheer T, Hussain T. Computer-aided drug design against spike glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2 to aid COVID-19 treatment. Heliyon. 2020 Oct 1;6(10):e05278.
- Raza A, Khan MT, Ali Q, Hussain T, Narjis S. Association between meteorological indicators and COVID-19 pandemic in Pakistan. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2020 Oct 14:1-6
- Zahra A, Hussain T, Sherwani SK. Life after COVID-19 outbreak: Expectations and thoughts. Advancements in Life Sciences. 2020 Sep 2;7(4):208-14.
- Azhar J, Mohammadabadi T, Babar ME, Hussain T. Milk lactoferrin: A probable immunological agent against sars-cov-2: A review. Basrah Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 2020 Oct 20;33(2):138-46.
- Raza A, Ali Q, Hussain T. Role of knowledge, behavior, norms, and e-guidelines in controlling the spread of COVID-19: evidence from Pakistan. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2020 Oct 4:1-7.
- Ali SM, Hashmi A, Hussain T. Causes and treatment of Covid-19: Myths vs Facts. Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2020 Jul 1;33(4).
- Afridi WA, Hussain T. Peshawar city in Pakistan: A potential hotspot for COVID-19 outbreak due to inflow of travellers. Journal of Medical Sciences. 2020 Jul 31;28(2):189-90.
- Khan S, Khan M, Maqsood K, Hussain T, Zeeshan M. Is Pakistan prepared for the COVID-19 epidemic? A questionnaire based survey. Journal of Medical Virology. 2020 Apr 1.